Vaseline is a petroleum jelly that is often used as a moisturizer but did you know that it can also be used on snakes?
That’s right vaseline can be used to help keep your snake’s skin healthy and free of shedding problems. It can also be used to help treat and prevent fungal infections.
So if you’re wondering “can you use vaseline on snakes?” the answer is a resounding yes!
Here’s everything you need to know about using vaseline on snakes:
The Benefits Of Using Vaseline On Snakes
There are several benefits to using vaseline on snakes including:
1. It Keeps Their Skin Healthy
Vaseline is an excellent way to keep your snake’s skin healthy and free of shedding problems. It’s also a good idea to use vaseline if your snake is suffering from a fungal infection.
2. It Can Help Prevent Infections
If you use vaseline on a regular basis it can help prevent fungal infections from taking hold. It can also help to treat any existing infections.
3. It’s Easy to Apply
Applying vaseline to your snake is easy to do and only takes a few minutes. All you need to do is apply a small amount to their skin and then massage it in.
4. It’s Inexpensive
Vaseline is a very inexpensive way to keep your snake healthy and free of infections. A small jar will last you a long time and won’t break the bank.
5. It’s Safe
Vaseline is safe to use on snakes and will not harm them in any way. It’s also non-toxic so you don’t have to worry about your snake ingesting it.
How To Apply Vaseline To Your Snake
Now that you know the many benefits of using vaseline on snakes let’s take a look at how to apply it.
- Start by purchasing a small jar of vaseline from your local drugstore or grocery store.
- Next clean your hands thoroughly and then scoop out a small amount of Vaseline.
- Rub the vaseline between your hands to warm it up and then apply it to your snake’s skin.
- Massage the vaseline into their skin and then allow it to dry.
- Repeat this process once or twice a week to keep your snake’s skin healthy and free of shedding problems.